We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
As a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion, Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. We have approximately 95,000 employees across the world, and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
As a part of the program you will self-select a region within the contiguous United States that you wish to live and work in and we will work with you to assign the right position for you to start your career within Eaton. As a newly hired employee in the Early Talent, Operations – Direct Hire Program, you will receive a comprehensive hiring package including but not limited to competitive base salary, sign-on bonus, relocation assistance and access to all Eaton benefits effective your first day of employment.
Immediate opportunities within Eaton could include roles such as: OPEX/Lean Engineer, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Quality Engineer, Supply Chain Planner/Scheduler, Buyer, Environmental/Health/Safety Engineer, Front Line Supervisor, and the potential for others.
Long term career opportunities as you advance within Eaton could include roles such as, but not limited to: OPEX Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Plant Manager, Functional Division Level Management Roles, Quality Supervisor, and countless others. Growth beyond these roles into Director or Vice President positions are also within reach if your personal career aspirations are boundless.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Currently possess or will have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a major in industrial, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, aeronautical, applied engineering sciences, industrial & systems, chemical, manufacturing, engineering technology or engineering management; or a Bachelor’s degree in business with a major in supply chain management, or operations/operations management, from an accredited institution, with a graduation date no later than August 2020
- Minimum of one internship or co-op experience completed at the time of this application
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Aerospace, or Manufacturing Engineering undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 2 or more prior internships or co-op experiences in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead others within campus and/or community
- Ability to speak (or willingness to learn) a second language
- Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the participant; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
This role may include travel (up to 10%) within a local region as determined by the Operations Engineer assignment manager.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time