The site Program Managers (PM Level II) at Golf Pride are responsible for successfully leading cross-functional and cross-global integrated project teams (IPT) through all planning, communication, and execution of all new product introduction (NPI) programs from concept through commercialization.
Successful new product introductions are measured in the following ways:
Innovation: creating exciting new products that excite our customers and consumers (working with Product Marketing and Account Management)
Design for Manufacturing: developing materials and processes for efficient manufacturing (working with R&D and Manufacturing Engineering)
Transition to Manufacturing: seamless ramp up from pilot, through PPAP, and into mass production (working with Manufacturing Operations and Quality)
Profitability: meeting or exceeding profit margin targets (working with Finance on accurate costs and Product Marketing on value pricing)
Time to Volume: ensuring timely channel fill to achieve product at retail (PAR) dates for Golf Pride/Retail and start of assembly (SOA) for OEM (working with Sales and Customer service)
The site Program Managers maintain their site's portfolio of active programs and their progression through Golf Pride NPI Standard Work phase gate process. They are responsible for maintaining real-time status of the portfolio with clear identification of risks and issues, and the return to green mitigation plans to enable successful execution.
The site Program Managers are responsible for continuous improvement of Golf Pride's NPI phase gate processes within their site, and also for sharing best practices across sites, in order to stay in line with customer and consumer expectations of our speed, reliability, and cost of developing new products.
- Manages New Product Introduction (NPI) and Standard Transition Process (STP) programs from concept through commercialization using the Golf Pride NPI phase gate process. Has Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for project scope delivery and successful execution of technical, schedule, cost, quality, and commercial commitments.
- Drives program resource management by establishing cross functional Integrated Project Teams (IPT) across all assigned programs. Leads those IPT teams through the successful planning, communication, and execution of each program . Sets clear responsibilities within the IPTs to promote rapid resolution to risks and issues.
- Establishes extensive program objectives and plans that deliver on scope, schedule, and financial commitments and provide clear direction to the IPTs to deliver on those plans and commitments.
- Builds effective cross functional team dynamics within the site by recognizing IPT, Decision Gate Committee (DGC) member strengths and weaknesses, providing proactive feedback and coaching on program management competencies, and creating a team culture that inspires learning and continuous improvement.
- Manages effective customer communications of program plans either through the Account/Product Managers or at times, directly with customers. Drive change management processes of programs and the communications of changes with the IPTs to ensure organization alignment of the most up to date program requirements.
- Establish and maintain leading and lagging metrics for program financials, quality, technical performance, and delivery through all of the Golf Pride NPI phase gates.
- Create program status communication plans for different levels of the organization (site level to senior division level) relating to planned objectives and focusing on the areas of highest risk. Proposes vetted solutions with clear business impacts that stakeholders may need to make key decisions on.
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives of Golf Pride's NPI phase gate processes within their site, and shares best practices across sites, in order to stay in line with customer and consumer expectations of our speed, reliability, and cost of developing new products.
• 6-10 years experience in Program Management; or a combination of Program Management with some Engineering and/or Product Development Management
• 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
• Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) accreditation
• 2 years experience in golf, sporting goods, or consumer products industries
• 2 years manager of people experience
• Fully proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies and tools
• Experience in Risk Management, the ability to leverage resources to identify and mitigate risks before they impact customer requirements
• Must be able to effectively manage 10-25 projects/programs at one time, ranging in degree of complexity
• Leadership and influencing skills - capability to lead change of cross functional teams of diverse functions and cultures
• Good analytical skills and strong business acumen to understand consequences of decisions
• Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports to all levels of the organization
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time