Eaton’s Hydraulic Group is currently seeking a Senior Supplier Development Engineer to join our team.
This position is based at any Eaton location in the US with a preference to Eden Prairie, MN.
The Senior Supplier Development Engineer is responsible for supplier quality systems/manufacturing capability assessment, Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP), and on-going performance improvement of suppliers in terms of quality, delivery, lean, and operational alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants and SCM organization. Lead 8D problem solving teams related to defective purchase components by working closely with suppliers, Eaton manufacturing plant, engineering, and supply chain organization in root cause analysis and timely interim and permanent corrective actions implementation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform supplier quality system / manufacturing capability assessments, publish audit report outlining non-conformities, opportunities for improvement, and work closely with suppliers to plan / implement appropriate and timely corrective actions.
- Actively support supply chain cost-out projects by leading Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) process with suppliers, manufacturing plants, and engineering for on-time PPAP submission and approval. Lead APQP development and execution with suppliers from Pre-award through Ramp-up; assuring achievement of key program goals and objectives.
- Facilitate Supplier development and PPAP approval through ongoing coordination between supplier(s), regional SDE’s, Plants, and Engineering.
- Educate suppliers in Eaton supplier performance expectation per Eaton Supplier Excellence Manual (SEM). Train suppliers in the deployment of quality systems tools and techniques such as 8D problem solving, Process Capability, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, and PPAP. Educate suppliers in Eaton internal processes to achieve optimal alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants, engineering centers, and supplier chain organization.
- Lead all supplier development and performance improvement activities with Focus supplier under Hydraulics and Corporate SCM procedure. Report monthly progress and be accountable for results
- Lead internal 8D problem solving team related to defective purchase components. Work closely with suppliers, Eaton manufacturing plant, engineering, and supply chain organization in root cause analysis and timely interim and permanent corrective actions implementation.
- Lead cross-functional teams in development and deployment of consistent supplier quality related policies, processes, and procedures per ISO/ATF-16949. Lead training sessions in educating all users worldwide.
- Work as liaison between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Plants, Operations, etc.) to clarify requirements, eliminate confusion, and improve definition of requirements.
- Helping plants / buyers / supplier in the proper use of WISPER application and timely resolution of data integrity issues
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Quality, Supplier Quality and Supplier Development
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- International experience is required
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of any Eaton location in the United States will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Through knowledge of quality systems, methods and practices; ISO/ IATF 16949, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, and PPAP
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Through knowledge and experience in manufacturing key processes Gray Iron / Ductile Casting, Aluminum Die Casting, Forging, High Precision CNC Machining, High Precision Turned parts, and Lapping
- Through knowledge and experience in special processes; Heat Treating, Coating, Plating
- Solid experience in use of CQI Assessment; CQI-09, 11, 13, 27 for special processes
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) by ASQ is required - Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is a plus
- Six Sigma Greenbelt - Eaton / ASQ Blackbelt is a plus
- Hands on experience in Lean deployment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time