Eaton is looking for a Junior Power Electronics Engineer to develop innovative solutions for our protection products at the Eaton European Innovation Center in Prague (EEIC), Czech Republic. This individual will be responsible for simulations, designing, developing and testing of power circuits, focused mostly on short circuit behavior, gate drivers. The individual will be a member of the global PDD team and will report to the PDD team leader.
- Performs power electronics design and development activities; performs modeling, simulation and design of power electronics circuits
- Analyzes data and information to improve/optimize the design to meet requirements in performance, size, cost, manufacturability, and reliability
- Creates technical reports and presentations
- Collaborates with power electronics, mechanical, thermal, and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the design
- Stays current with the latest electronics circuit technologies and applies knowledge to power conversion and protection applications.
- MS in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Approach for individual problem solving
- Skills in modeling and simulation using such tools as Matlab, Spice
- understanding of circuit theory, containing power electronics
- Communication-focused with good relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to tackle diverse problems
- Willing to learn new skills, knowledge, industry, or products
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Experience in power electronics
- Experience in applying DfR and DfM methods, worst case analysis
- Experience working in diverse cultural situations with global customers and team members
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering processes
- Design for Six Sigma certification
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative orientation, the ability to succeed in a highly team oriented, global, and diverse environment
- Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner
- Desire for innovation, new product development, program management … to make what matters work!
- Position requires up to 10% travel domestic and international
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time