Asst Manager Production #074702
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Asst Manager Production in Eaton’s Electrical business, based in Pondicherry, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Electrical business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the Operators and contract labour engaged in the production
- Coordinates and manages the production requirements through understanding of Manufacturing Orders (MO), schedules and evaluates current production estimates and outputs in each shift.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between assigned module/area
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals and planned efficiency
- The ability to use proven tools, techniques, and methodologies to inspect products, measure process performance, perform product verification and validation testing, and to provide feedback reporting as required.
- Personally drives for results to meet and exceed expectations, having a passion for achievement
- Demonstrates and trains assembly and testing operations, and safety procedures to new employees
- The knowledge of applicable Lean tools in the given business environment, participates and deploy them in an appropriate manner through training and Kaizen events
- Skills necessary to effectively manage Materials procedures in the order fulfillment process within a plant.
- Confers with management or subordinates to resolve Operator problems, complaints or grievances
- The ability to integrate technical skill sets required to identify and eliminate hazards associated with a manufacturing process and its supporting elements.
- Maintains and continuously improve 6S standards in shop floor
- Reports to Manager Production on daily plan and achievements, gap analysis and liaises with quality, purchase and maintenance to maximize the utilization of labour, machine and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Operators.
If you are:
- BE/BTech Electrical/Electronics
- 8 - 10 years experience in handling UPS Production
- Strong in production planning
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent awareness and hands on experience in Lean tools
- Highly ethical and able to work with diverse team with good communication
- Strong results orientation with good cross cultural exposure
- Able to handle small grievance in Shop Floor.
- Good command in English, Written - ability to communicate in a clear & concise manner with internal & external customers.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time