Engineer Supplier Quality #074695
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Engineer Supplier Quality in Eaton’s Electrical business, based in Pondicherry, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Electrical business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Captures quality function requirements such as test equipment for parts qualification, test cases and review of SOPs for successful launch of new products manufacturing.
- Identifies required tools and procedures for incoming components inspection, assembly, testing and troubleshooting of issues in the production line.
- Carry out supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP)
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues
- Collate and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain
- Work with the supplier directly, create correction action plans to address process failures Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
- Support the Quality Manager to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
- Deliver training of quality awareness
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Assist with first off sample approvals
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Manage and coordinate supplier Parts Per Million (PPM), supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
- Lead quality audits Undertake special projects as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews
- Support and lead process improvement activities at the supplier
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
- Achieve goals within budget
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
If you are:
- BE / ME degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engg
- 4+ years of experience in Quality function and Knowledge on the SQE Activity.
- Knowledge of quality and business systems
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP),
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect
- Analysis (FMEA)
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Knowledge of TS16949
- Knowledge of ISO45001/OHSAS18001
- Understanding of ISO14001
- Knowledge of measurement techniques Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of professional presence and customer interface skills
- Very adept at influencing to achieve results through others when required
- Team player
- Ability to get things done through teams effectively
- Ability to forge strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time