Eaton’s Aerospace Division is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the Eastanollee, GA facility. The Manufacturing Engineer will drive continuous improvement in manufacturing processes.
The Manufacturing Engineer will support daily high performance work team and MRB meetings. Collect and analyze manufacturing data to improve safety, reduce costs, improve quality and increase product velocity. Develop new tools and processes to support the overall manufacturing strategy for the Toccoa Plant.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data to drive continuous improvement in order to improve worker safety/ergonomics, reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve quality.
- Create routers and bill of materials for new customer orders.
- Support weekly cross-functional Lean BOS meetings that includes, modifying existing routers and bills as appropriate, creating operator TPM process, reducing set up times and lead times
- Drive overall EHS improvements with in the manufacturing area
- Develop capital plans in order to procure new equipment and tooling or modify existing equipment.
- Assist in the training of personnel. Draft instructions to standardize work processes.
- Facilitate Value Stream mapping sessions for assigned areas.
- Implement new manufacturing processes or manage transition of manufacturing processes to support the overall manufacturing strategy for the Eastanollee plant.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 3 years of experience working in an engineering capacity
- Prior experience in manufacturing preferred
- Prior experience within an Aerospace environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-JL1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time