Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking a Lead Scheduler to join our team.
This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
a Lead Scheduler, you will be an integral member of the La Grange Supply Chain
Team, with responsibilities aimed at high on-time Customer delivery through
accurate work order management. The Lead Scheduler will analyze demand signals
and issue production work orders to generate component and finished goods
supply to satisfy customer and safety stock demand, ensuring Customer
commitments are met.
The Lead Scheduler will establish, maintain and ensure proper execution of a valid production schedule for all assigned items. The Lead Scheduler is responsible for level loading daily production schedules through analyzing resource capacity and other constraints to optimize through-put, while minimizing manufacturing cycle time, inventory, and achieving on-time delivery goals. The Lead Scheduler must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills through effective communication and coordination with multiple functional groups (including Operation, Customer Service, Finance, and Purchasing). The Lead Scheduler will analyze demand patters to determine and maintain component, forecast and finished good safety stock levels.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Direct daily production work flow through producing a production schedule through analysis of reports, demand signals and input from cross-functional teams
- Aligns and sets priorities for resources and shared resources across factory to maximize efficiency and material flow to ensure customer orders ship on time
- Accumulates daily parts/material information to analyze and establish dates to meet and exceed customer delivery requirements
- Communicate with
cross-functional teams including: Customer Service, Engineering,
Operations and Purchasing
- Own metrics of manufacturing cycle to Customer Request (OTTR) throughput, past due order reduction, and on-time delivery
- Participate in and lead business processes improvement events such as Continuous Improvement Framework, kaizen and workshops in order to improve processes and reduce waste
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and techniques which will improve the scheduling function
- Actively participate in process improvement and creation/adhering to standard work
- Establish optimal inventory levels to achieve desired service, while utilizing just in time inventory management philosophies
- Resolve, with cross functional assistance, material shortages hindering production order release/execution
- Develop recovery plans/schedules
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience performing production scheduling in a manufacturing environment
- Must have one (1) year of experience with Microsoft Excel in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of La Grange, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- APICS CPIM Certification
- Proficiency in SAP MRP planning and/or purchasing modules
- Demonstrated experience with Lean/Six Sigma principles utilizing: consignment, pull systems, Kanban
- Proven analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results-driven
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process
- Process-oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid computer skills
- Understanding of problem solving methods (A3, 8D, root cause analysis)
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement, Lean or six sigma
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time