Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division is currently seeking a Lead Power Systems Engineer. This position will be based at our Warrendale, PA office.
The Power Systems Lead Engineer will be responsible for providing applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies, power quality analysis, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training. Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of power system engineers in the industry, with industry-standard software and advanced modeling and analysis capabilities at their fingertips. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to power system analysis and design. Active participation in technical societies such as IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our engineers are knowledgeable about today’s cutting-edge engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: from substation and distribution system design to renewable energy and smart grid engineering, from safety and reliability-focused studies to power quality and grounding related audits and analyses.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Provide applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies, design, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training.
- Support others to ensure success of assigned projects including job cost accountability, quality, and quoted lead times.
- Interpret specs and customer inquiries and design technical proposals and pricing for customers.
- Provide technical solutions to customers that may involve equipment design or upgrades, testing of equipment, solutions relating to increase safety, reliability, or efficiency.
- Mentor and lead other engineers with an emphasis on Commercial, Marketing, and Customer Relationships.
- Run large studies and projects unassisted.
- Provide Operational Support including but not limited to: Risk Review, Backlog Review, Job Log Review, Increased Negotiation and Proposal Support.
- Participate in recruitment and interviews
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles of Warrendale, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited intuition
- 7-10 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems is desirable.
- PE License
- IEEE Member
Position Success Criteria:
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time