- Provide field service engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of installation, testing, startup, maintenance, repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution equipment.
- Self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment.
- Have knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment.
- Deliver technical solutions to customers.
- Perform less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations.
- Have skilled proficiency in the following: Basic Test Equipment Operation; Basic Troubleshooting Techniques; Intermediate Test Equipment Operation; Advanced Troubleshooting Technique; Advanced Test Equipment Operation; Basic Protective Relays; Basic PQ Measurements.
- Associate's degree and/or military experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly desirable.
- Experience performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience with protective relays is highly desirable.
- Electrical Contractor’s License.
- Professional Engineering License.
- General Contractor’s License.
- Strong computer skills.
- Understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical, electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time