Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a 3rd shift Coupling Assembler. This position is based in our Beltsville, MD facility.
Our Beltsville, MD manufacturing facility is home to 480+ passionate and creative team members. Our products power hundreds of military and commercial aircraft platforms with a focus on improved reliability, weight reduction and fuel efficiency. Components & products developed at our location are used for the Mar’s Rover, protecting the Declaration of Independence, and keeping passengers cool and safe as they travel to their favorite vacation destinations. Eaton’s comprehensive portfolio sets the industry standard for engineering excellence, customized solutions for today’s industry needs while developing new technologies for next-generation aircraft designs. If you’re looking for work that is engaging, exciting, and meaningful then join us and contribute to making what matters work.
Position is responsible for learning seven (7) stations in our coupling assembly department. Position will interpret technical drawings and internal process sheets to complete tasks according to customer requirements. Core shift for this position will be Sunday night – Friday morning from 11PM – 7:30AM.
In this function you will:
Perform minor set-ups and perform a sequence of operations using basic hand tools and machines.
- Stations include:
Coating the part
Assembling the finished components
Read & sign off on production routers and record material types, lot numbers and quantity required
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- All positions require use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S.Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum of one year of assembly experience
- Minimum of two years of manufacturing experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be able to use the computer
- Read and comprehend specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing routings
- Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat
- Must wear safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed shoes for entire shift
- Ability to stand, sit, move 8-12 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No