Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices Division is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Williamsburg, VA facility.
Position is responsible for maintenance, repair and installation of equipment and machinery. Works closely with vendors involved with contract maintenance, repairs, and refurbishing. Orders supplies as needed. Position reports directly to the Williamsburg Operations Manager.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Troubleshoot, and repair equipment and machinery as needed.
- Contact vendors for repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Obtain quotes and contract vendors for projects. Examples - office refurbishing, warehouse racking repair, electrical power supplies for new machinery.
- Perform monthly preventive maintenance on machinery and facility equipment.
- Maintain files of maintenance records for ISO purposes.
- Install and set-up machinery and equipment as needed.
- Participate as a member of Safety Committee - Attend monthly meetings and provide input and suggestions to help improve safety in the facility.
- Order supplies, parts, and equipment as needed for maintenance and operation purposes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an industrial maintenance role is required
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- A minimum of 2 years of experience performing maintenance on Fabrication Machinery
- Technical education or training preferred
- Licensed Electrician and previous Electrician Experience is preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills to inform and report to management the status of the facility, machinery, and equipment
- Must be able to communicate with vendors for contract repairs and up-fits on equipment and facility
- Ability to install, trouble-shoot, and repair electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to perform carpentry and plumbing duties
- Must have basic computer literacy including Word, Excel, and Outlook
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time