If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Lead technician (eMobility test lab) in Eaton’s business, based in Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Preferred to have experience in handling eMotor dyno, High voltage (1000V) battery emulator DC loads and measurement of power, voltages, current signatures for emobility products.
· Troubleshooting elementary product and test rig issues, and performing data analysis required by the product group.
· Support Installation and commissioning of High power electrical test facilities and utilities
· Understanding of data acquisition systems, hardware and software that are being used for testing
· Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
· Work with engineers to define and perform custom testing. Perform test setups based on specific and standard test processes for electric vehicle Powertrain.
· Communicate test programs with engineering appropriately to clarify purpose of testing and the results of ongoing tests
· Articulate and generate good technical reports based on test observations
· Strive to meet test lab performance targets established in Balanced Score Card and ensure ISO compliance
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab.
· Train and monitor fellow technicians and drive completion of tests in prescribed time frame
Requirement: (DO NOT COPY THIS LINE)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering with 6 to 10 years of experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in relevant hands on experience in Automotive R&D Testing / Analysis / in electrical domain is essential
- Awareness of testing i.e. test rigs, data acquisition, inspection etc – dynos, Battery emulators, DC loads
- Awareness and experience in following Safety & Quality Management Practice
- Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
- Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. LabVIEW etc.
- Experience in problem solving & continuous improvement through LEAN tool deployment for test equipment utilization and cost savings
- Proven experience in deploying TPM for R&D lab test equipment machinery and experience in ISO 9001:2008, deployment to meet quality objectives
- Awareness in Systems engineering, Requirements Management, Validation, Verification and Certification of Auto / Electrical domain
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time