Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Indianapolis, IN has an immediate opening for an Area Sales Manager.
The role will be responsible for managing a customer base, sales resources, products and channels to market to achieve planned results for the district. This individual will provide leadership and development to a sales team consisting of sales professionals, sales reps and the distributor channel. Expected results include but are not limited to growth in sales and market share, channel development as well as developing talent within the district.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years electrical industry sales/marketing and/or engineering experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Manager of people experience
- 10+ years of electrical industry sales experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Previous experience managing people and channels
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations and employee development
- Strong knowledge of managing products, product applications and distribution channels
- Significant sales presence such as that the candidate can clearly command in difficult sales situations
- Experience in growing sales and market share, channel development and developing employee talent
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time