Eaton’s Power Systems division has an internal opening for a 3rd Shift Coil Winder, pay starting at $20.00/hour and up depending on experience. This position is based at our North Street Facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Coil Winder will set-up and operate winding machines to produce coils of various size to specifications called for on winding sheets, winding diagrams, and order pouches. Coil conductor configurations include strip, round, and rectangular wire, in various combinations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Read and interpret winding specification documents to find characteristics required for specific coil to be wound.
- Find the coil number, quantity, and revision, and also record the coil number on the coil and on labor recording paperwork.
- Install and adjust appropriate devices as needed onto the coil winding machine in order to meet window sizing specifications.
- Load strip, conductor, and insulating paper to dereeling mechanisms on the machine.
- Measure materials, make adjustments to the machine to accommodate materials, and verify proper alignment.
- Place and adjust the coil form as specified.
- Apply pack out as needed per specification, repeated on each section of the coil.
- Fold, insulate, and tape-weld pre-cut leads to strip stock of coil body.
- Operate a crimping tool to crimp wire to static shielding.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one, Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of Waukesha, WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience or military technical training
- Minimum of 6 months prior coil winding experience
- Ability to interpret prints, quality specifications, and applicable instructions for safety, maintenance, operating, and engineering.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No