Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Division is currently seeking an Quality & EHS Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Windsor, CT facility. Relocation assistance is provided.
The Quality & EHS Manger will own Customer Complaints and RMA process for external defects. This position will own process for non-conforming parts and be responsible for making sure that the preliminary analysis is properly completed by the shop floor & quality team. This position will support New Product development validation in Operations as well as support any plant –to-plant or Business-to-Business, product line transition using ProLaunch program. Additionally, the position will manage EHS activities within plant. This includes responsibility for establishing EHS objectives and performing Internal Reporting of EHS performance; specifically, with MESH prism. This position communicates federal, state, and local regulatory requirements including updates from ENHESA and Eaton. This position will support the development and deployment of EHS management systems, as well as manage and maintain permits and letters of agreement with regulatory agencies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manage the improvement and prepare reports with all the quality performance indicators of the operation: Customer DPPM, Internal PPM, Supplier PPM, Validation and Test Audit data, Internal Quality Alerts, Non-conforming material quality Communication, external component quality alerts, and A3s, 4ups as needed.
- Establish, develop and execute cost saving projects –mainly CONC reduction- and quality projects and improvements at the manufacturing lines. Responsible for controlling implementation in manufacturing processes, driving pFMEA analysis and RPN reductions, Measurement System Analysis, Process Capabilities and overall CAPA effective implementation
- Ensure Tailored Development programs are being accomplished by all Quality Personnel. Attain plant Quality Goals, maintain and drive a culture of continuous improvement. Assure plans are implemented and attain results. Deploy the applicable elements and initiatives of EBS tools (EQS) to accomplish.
- Architect a Supplier Quality Program
- Monitor and analyze Quality metrics and establish action plans to close gaps.
- Coordinate and supervise the Quality engineers, technicians, and personnel.
- Implement and manage plans including SPCC, SWPPP, Emergency Response, and others as applicable. Monitor and analyze EHS metrics and establish action plans to close gaps. This position will assure closure of MESH and regulatory findings on a timely basis.
- Manage interfaces with the public authorities regarding Environmental, Health, Safety and Security. Conduct regulatory training in EHS topics. You will be proficient in/certified in Hazardous waste (RCRA) and transportation of chemicals (DOT). This position will conduct Security assessments and maintain the Security program.
- Create a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the sites in EHS teams and processes. Inspect incidents (including near misses, releases and losses) and accidents to direct preventive and corrective action plans.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum five (5) years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Minimum two (2) years of work experience in a Quality function.
Minimum two (2) years of work experience in a management or supervisory position.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now or in the future.
This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Science from an accredited institution.
- Experience developing a supplier quality program.
- Lean 6-sigma green or black belt certification.
- Professional Safety Certification or equivalent.
- EOQ certified Manager and Auditor for EHS and Process Management recommended.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Environmental Management Systems.
- Experience using management systems (ISO 9001 /ISO 14001 / ISO 50001 / ISO 45001 / ISO 22301) and understanding of national laws to drive legal compliance.
- Experience utilizing quality and EHS tools e.g. statistic methods, problem solving, continuous improvement, occupational health & safety, industrial hygiene.
- Experienced in contact with public authorities.
- Experienced in leading functional and cross-functional team.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time