(Location: Dubai - UAE)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Category Manager & Supplier Development – Middle East & Emerging Markets, you will be responsible for development and deployment of the category strategy for the Middle East and Emerging Markets such as North and South Africa to drive optimal cost and conditions (commercial, quality, delivery). You will also be responsible for managing category spend and strategically develop supply base of approximately $21 million, based on 2018 volume. You will develop, deploy, manage all related contracts and will be responsible for building a reliable – world class supplier base regionally, tied into the global network. You will drive all defined and required actions in order to fulfill requirements of the supplier relationship management process including Business Reviews and executive relationship management. You will develop market knowledge and expertise for all categories pertaining to the Middle East & Emerging Markets in order to provide leadership guidance for the whole organization in the region. You will collaborate with other functions (operations, quality, logistics, R&D) for any new product development as well as solving any existing problems and to prevent reoccurrence.
Your key deliverables:
- Create and deploy regional (Middle East) category strategies for all spend categories and materials, Supplier Material Strategy developed and agreed / aligned with BU
- Optimize and develop local supplier base in conjunction with bringing in global solutions to drive the best cost and commercial conditions, quality and delivery performance: 5% year over year cost reduction, Net 90 as desired payment terms, DPPM and 100% delivery performance as the ultimate goal
- Drive Global Sourcing solutions for category strategy. Work closely with Procurement organizations in Asia and CEE: Target 70% of the overall category spend.
- Provide expertise knowledge and leadership guidance to the whole organization for category in charge. Create Annual Budget as part of Profit Planning for category in charge.
- Support New Product Developments to drive optimal cost for the whole organization in the region in line with short, medium and, long term strategies.
- Drive Supplier Development, Quality and Supplier Quality Functions and lead Supplier Relationship Management Activities. Direct, if necessary, any quality actions / discussions with suppliers to solve existing quality problems
- Monitor category supplier base performance: PPM / OTD
- Initiate and Monitor progress for any design optimization activities with suppliers and IDEAS
- Bachelors degree or equivalent and at least five years of supply chain experience is required
- A technical educational background (ie. Engineering) considered as an advantage.
- Previous specific Commodity Management/Strategic Sourcing Experience considered as an advantage.
- Experience within a Multi-Location Manufacturing/ Assembly plant environment considered as an advantage
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, operations and Supply Chain Management personnel.
- Possesses sound knowledge and experience in successfully deploying commodity strategies and driving cost-out through disciplined Project Management.
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Fluency in English and Arabic (verbal/written) is a must - Additional language (German or central Europe language) would be a strong plus.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Middle East
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time