Eaton’s Electrical Automation Solutions, Electrical Sector- Americas has an opening for a Systems Application Engineer. The Systems Application Engineer will be based at our Plymouth, MN facility.
The Energy Automation Solutions division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability solutions that includes self-healing grid, communicating sensors, substation automation, system planning, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency in support of grid modernization. The EAS business primarily serves global utility customers and, in some markets, commercial industrial, and renewable energy markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, and its market recognized Yukon and CYME Software Platforms. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources
The Systems Application Engineer will, with the support of a Systems Deployment Manager, oversee the deployment of new products and systems at our customer facilities. The Systems Application Engineer is responsible for coordinating the deliverables of any additional personnel assigned to the project team. The Systems Application Engineer is responsible for technical aspects of the project.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
In this function you will...
- Perform as Engineering Lead for multiple field-based system deployments.
- Plan the assigned project by defining the design requirements that match the customer’s needs with the supplied system. Create project scopes that include all the required hardware and software systems, bulk communications platform, and ancillary components to create a functioning system and meet project objectives.
- Initiate project control activities to achieve deliverables as defined by the System Deployment Manager in the Project Plan.
- Deliverables include: material and software deliveries; customer hardware and software training and software system interfaces.
- Maintain project budget control. Use independent discretion to distribute company resources to meet project objectives.
- Identify, log, analyze and manage potential and actual issues and risks Initiate corrective actions as necessary and escalating when appropriate.
- Provide application engineering expertise to assist the customer in making decisions to properly utilize product features to achieve the customer’sexpected value and provide training to customers on the installation, operation, and maintenance of EAS hardware, software, and systems.
- Pursue Continuous Learning to achieve
- On Demand Tasks assignment - cross project.
- Provide continuous improvement of processes by testing hardware and software.
- Provide product training and assist with training material development as required.
- Ensure product documentation and support materials meet the customer needs and provide feedback to management and development teams to improve.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited institution. Will also accept a combination of an Associate’s degree in Engineering along with a Bachelor’s degree in Business from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Field Engineering, Application Engineering or Systems Integration role.
- Relocation is not being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius
- of Plymouth, Minnesota will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience with Electrical Utility Metering equipment and practices
- Experience with Radio Frequency and Cellular Communications Systems
- Experience with Communications Hardware, Firmware, and Enterprise Software systems.
- Engineer-in-Training or Professional Engineer license preferred
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- Ability to apply project management principles to the delivery of engineering projects in a sales support environment.
- Proven demonstrated skills in teamwork, time management, customer service skills, and ability to multi-task in an interrupt-based environment
- Strong Technical Acumen
- Ability to travel 25%-50%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manage >5 customer orders with shipments >$5M per fiscal year
- Ability to present information to others in a persuasive way, professionally and diplomatically assert the leadership role that the title Systems Application Engineering Manager conveys.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of an assignment and achieve customer satisfaction
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and strategies to reduce potential project risk throughout the duration of the project lifecycle
- Capable of planning and executing presentations on specific products and services to internal and external customers to gain recognition and customer acceptance
- Knowledge of front-end scheduling, engineering, and manufacturing process and lead times.
- Consistent demonstration of planning, leading, and communication of results
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior proactive project order management and customer service
- Ensure our customers are receiving high quality support by achieving our goals for our customer service metrics.
- Perform light lifting of 40 lbs. or less.
- Ability to work from a remote field locations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time