Eaton’s Power Quality Division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Capital Plant Operations in Raleigh, NC, but will also support our Knightdale, NC warehouse location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for implementing Lean Manufacturing concepts, including value map evaluation of current state production opportunities and the implementation of future state throughout all areas of operations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Evaluate current and future state manufacturing processes and ensure that sound engineering and manufacturing principles are being followed
- Recommend changes to existing manufacturing processes to improve manufacturing productivity and improve lean flow of materials
- Initiate, develop and manage capital improvement projects including manufacturing equipment, facility enhancements and new product start-ups
- Prioritize safety and repeatability of existing processes, addressing identified concerns
- Support multiple product lines and a wide variety of assembly processes
- Drive NPI activities in assigned work cells (layouts, materials, costing)
- Document manufacturing processes with work instructions
- Generate and implement Engineering Change Notices enhancing product quality and reducing product cost
- Drive continuous improvement on the shop floor, including opportunities to improve Quality, Productivity, and cost reduction
- Manage and complete multiple projects on schedule and support distribution centers, warehousing, repair and logistics between multiple sites with minimal supervision
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited institution
Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the futurePreferred qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited educational institution
- Experience with MRP systems (SAP)
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Lean/Six Sigma/CI Certifications
- Electrical Industry Experience
- AutoCAD system experience
- Basic knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Understanding of problem solving methodologies to
determine root cause and corrective action - i.e. Thought maps, 8D, root
cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, etc. Knowledge of a
wide variety of manufacturing processes including assembly and pull
Technical understanding and experience with Lean Manufacturing Systems and Six Sigma methodology.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time