Eaton’s eMobility Division is currently seeking a Senior NPI Buyer to join our team.
This position is based at our Tualatin, OR facility.
At eMobility we develop the latest “green” power electronics and power distribution technology for our customers to power tomorrow’s vehicles (truck, bus, con/ag). The Sr. NPI Buyer is part of our new production introduction team and sources all materials and services. The success of a new product launched to market is greatly determined by the Sr. NPI Buyer’s effectiveness: Implementing the right supply solutions is the foundation for meeting our customer’s quality and delivery expectations while ensuring Eaton’s financial success. This pivotal role requires an individual capable of working effectively with cross-functional development teams, Global Category Management, Commodity Buyers and Eaton’s supply base in order to optimize BOM cost and award business to high performing, “Eaton Preferred” suppliers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Participate in NPI activities and meetings from early development stage to initial production runs when hand-over to Production Buyer occurs.
- Determine right sourcing strategy in alignment with Eaton’s Category Management and utilize Eaton’s “Preferred Suppliers”.
- Minimize BOM cost and maintain accurate costed BOMs, including lead times of soft and hard tooled parts, at any time during development cycle.
- Make sure that supplier awarded business meets eMobility’s objectives in the areas of cost, Quality, OTD, service, inventory and payment terms (cash flow).
- Ensure availability of purchased material required throughout the development of a new product (order prototypes and issue initial production POs).
- Ensure available capacity at suppliers through pre-launch commercial readiness reviews
- Give timely submission of deliverables in Eaton’s ProLaunch (product development stage gate) process.
- Negotiate and implement consignment and safety stock agreements with top spend items on BOMs.
- Calculate total cost of acquisition and prepare cost comparison spreadsheets, taking inventory carrying, shipping costs, foreign exchange rates, duties, etc. into account. Make versus buy calculations. Sensitivity analysis for variable raw material costs, foreign exchange rates and any other cost factors that may impact the overall financial success of a program significantly.
- Develop project sub-schedules for supplier selection and qualification, tool development and PPAP (for die castings, injection moldings etc).
- Develop and execute on action plans to eliminate or minimize risk from supply base (financial, supply continuity, quality, IP etc) as it relates to NPI.
- Support NPI Quality Engineer to execute on supplier APQP process.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers in alignment with Global Category Management strategies.
- Ensure accurate implementation of all prices on PO’s placed and accountable for flawless hand-over of parts to Production Buyer without supply interruptions and favorable volume price breaks implementation.
- Own supplier launch performance metrics (“scorecard”: PPAP effectiveness, OTD, Quality, Cost Productivity, cash flow (payment terms, inventory programs)), develop and execute on improvement plans.
- Follow Eaton policies pertaining to supply chain.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 3 years sourcing experience
- Authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Tualatin, OR will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s Degree or MBA from an accredited institution
- Sourcing experience in the automotive industry and for electronics
- Previous experience within eMobility
- Experience with a large scale ERP system
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time