Eaton’s Distribution Services Team is currently seeking an Accounting Lead Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, Michigan facility and offering relocation to candidates that are outside a 50-mile radius of our facility.
The Lead Analyst is responsible for performing professional accounting work involving reporting and analysis of the Eaton Logistics Center to provide management with timely and accurate financial information that aids in decision-making.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Own all financial aspects of ELC.
- Perform actuals, forecast and profit plan analysis and reporting including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Interpret financial information for all levels of the organization
- Establish and maintain internal controls to comply with corporate financial policies
- Participate and/or lead special projects/process improvements to help drive efficiencies in the finance and materials organizations
- Assist with audit requests from internal and external auditors
- Develop management reports on actual and projected performance
- Lead ELC annual physical inventory
- Develop analysis for ad hoc requests
- Performance metrics and cost our reporting
- Establish strong relationships with materials and finance teams
- Support regional materials organization initiative
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of professional accounting and/or finance experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Corporate Sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical thinking skills, with close attention to detail and a drive for results
- Oracle, SAP, and/or HFM experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time