Eaton’s Bussmann division is currently seeking a Program Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Juarez facility.
The Program Manager is responsible for the successful execution of product industrialization projects and programs that deliver on business case cost and benefit commitments.
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive accountability and performance established for commercial, technical, and manufacturing readiness thru the live of a program.
- Develop and execute comprehensive project management plans that deliver on scope, schedule, and financial commitments. Guide teams from project initiation through planning, executing, monitoring, and closure.
- Influence and secure baseline business case expectations with key stakeholders in the areas of scope, benefit, cost, assumptions, risks/opportunities, key milestones, and alternate implementation scenarios. Fully understand and articulate business case financials and content.
- Establish organizational resource management plans that clearly articulate the requirements for core team member, work package approver, and decision gate committee member engagement for the project duration.
- Build effective cross-functional team dynamics by recognizing individual strengths and weaknesses, providing proactive feedback and coaching, and creating an atmosphere that inspires learning and recognition. Drive a mindset of proactive risk mitigation and methodical problem solving.
- Leverage program management standard work processes, tools, systems, and performance measures to provide an operational cadence, agility and transparency during project execution.
- Establish and execute effective internal and external stakeholder communication strategies that address customer, internal leadership, and core team needs for the duration of a project.
- Effectively tailor messaging and lead project/program reviews with multiple levels of leadership to enable robust decision making and risk mitigation.
- Develop negotiation strategies with functional partners that meet business case commitments for both customer and supplier contract management. Ensure effective change management processes and contract language is designed and applied.
- Engage in new business proposal development by partnering on product strategy and product roadmap initiatives.
Strengthen skillsets in cross-functional and operational knowledge areas outside of previous domain expertise (i.e. Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelor’s degree required (Business Administration or Engineering)
Minimum 5 years of experience in Program Management or a combination of Program Management with Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing/SCM, or Product Development.
Previous experience working with automotive customers and products
Previous experience and knowledge of automotive design processes and APQP design principles
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish languages
- Demonstrated leadership
Capable of leading change in a cross-functional environment that requires cross-region, site, and/or global collaboration and span.
- Fully Proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies processes and tools.
Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Works with customers to gather and interpret program requirements for evaluation by the team
- Strong analytical skills.
Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP)
Previous leader of people experience
Experience in Requirements and Risk Management
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Knowledge of passenger car and commercial vehicle product/markets
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time