Eaton’s eMobility Division is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager - Inverters to join our team. This position can be based in Southfield, MI or Tualatin, OR. Relocation assistance will be provided.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will be responsible for all aspects of mechanical design and analysis linked to inverter product development. Topics include reviewing and approving models and drawings, castings, injection molded parts as well as modeling analysis (FEA, thermal, vibration, pressure etc.). The candidate must have a broad range of experiences designing high voltage and high-volume electronics including experience on mechanical and electrical interactions like EMI/EMC considerations, creepage and clearance principles, thermal cycling of conductors etc.
- Interact with other engineering teams as well as supply chain to identify and select suppliers and components such as connectors and busbars.
- Focus on reliability and durability of electronics and field issue resolutions
- Interface with customers
- Understand and support DFMEA, safety and DFM
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics from an accredited university.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in new product development
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing power electronics
- Minimum 3 years of experience in computer simulation and modeling software (CFD, stress, thermal, dynamics, tolerance, etc.)
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Mechanical engineering team management experience
- Power electronics experience
- DFMEA, DFM, Safety experience for power electronics
- 3D CAD / solid modeling software (SolidWorks is preferred)
- Experience with cast aluminum parts, injection molded plastics and stamped metal components.
- Automotive background with a Tier 1 supplier.
- Project management experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Team oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication.
- Administer mechanical and electromechanical principles to identify and understand issues, and to generate design solutions for various product development challenges.
- Individual must be capable of writing technical documents such as UL procedures, test reports, and patent disclosures
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time