Eaton’s Electrical division is seeking an Assembler I- 1st shift to join our team. This position is at our Reno, NV facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and everyday. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
In this function you will:
- Perform simple repetitive bench assembly of parts and components
- Use bolts, screws, clips and other fastening devices
- Work under close supervision and may work from models, samples, or simple diagrams
- Be using hand tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise
- Keep work areas clean and safe
Supports all facility Continuous Improvement and LEAN initiatives including, but not limited to:
Maintain 5-S (sort, set in order, shine, standardize, sustain) throughout shop floor and office areas.
Track and sustain all visual management tools such as, but not limited to: layered audits, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) boards, and any additional LEAN tools that are deemed necessary to provide direction, goals and status to the shop floor.
Encourage, support, and actively participate in Kaizen improvements and events throughout the facility, department, and area of responsibility.
- Other various duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- A High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation package offered. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitations.
- Able to perform computer data entry for various purposes
- Able to work effectively and productively as member of a team to service internal customers
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize daily requirements
- Read and write and communicate effectively in English
- Perform basic mathematical functions (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying and fractions)
- Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift.
- Able to lift and bend on a continuous basis
- Able to regularly lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment as required by company policy and procedure.
- Exposure to cold/heat weather conditions while shipping doors are open
- Fast paced while maintaining safety priorities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No