Eaton's Fluid and Electrical Distribution Division is seeking an Accountant to join their Aerospace manufacturing location in Middlesex, NC.
The Accountant is responsible for preparing financials to support complex business decisions. They will hold an integral role in supporting operations in the use of financial accounting systems (general ledger and accounts payable). Assist with profit planning, reporting of financial data, physical inventory and various reconciliations.
In this function you will:
- Assist in the annual preparation of the profit plan and department budgeting.
- Month-end activities including journal entries, reconciliations, and financial reports.
- Analyze standard cost, verifying the accuracy of standard cost, including variance analysis.
- Lead payroll duties including reconciliation
- Maintain fixed asset records and conduct fixed asset audits and inventory.
- Identify, track, and validate accuracy of cost out projects and report actual and forecasted amounts.
- Ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Handle accounts payable inquiries and support supplier inquiries.
- Monitor, analyze and reconcile inventory; including cycle count procedures and the annual physical inventory.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor ‘s Degree in Accounting, Business, and/or Finance from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Middlesex, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor ‘s Degree in Accounting
- One (1) year of experience as an accountant in a manufacturing environment
- Fluent in Microsoft office and knowledge of ERP software
- Strong leadership, and organizational skills, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team oriented, flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management and functions.
- Organized, detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and ability to work in a multi-task/functional environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time