If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Analyst - SAP BW based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Will manage developments and changes in Info Objects, Info Sources, Transfer structures, Communication structures, Standard and Custom Info Cubes, Data Store Object (DSO).
· The primary objective of SAP analyst positions is to do development on Projects, triggering of BW queue and handling Change request updates in remedy for SAP BW. Involves working independently or with minimum guidance and/or on teams, working with peers, functional team, other application teams for development/BW as per SAP standard practices and guidelines.
· This position is of SAP BW/BI Profile, which requires hands on experience of Custom Extractors, Generic Extractors, Data sources, Info sources, Transfer Rules, Data Transfer Processes (DTPs), Rules, Info packages ODS, DSO, Info Cubes, Process Chains, Reporting Tools, BEx Queries, WEBI Reports; exposure to integration of BI with SAP ECC; requires excellent written & oral communications skills to work directly with Functional and technical analyst directly.
· This position also requires understanding & knowledge of any SAP Modules like FICO, MM, SD, GTS and WM for Data modelling.
· Candidates must demonstrate proficiency working in BW3.5/BI4.0. To coordinate and communicate development/incidents/requests status, production remedies queue status; and ensure alignment between the sector goals, IT strategy, and prioritization of projects, Incidents and Requests.
· Work with SAP Functional Analysts in the Projects to understand Functional Specification and subsequently produce technical requirements documents.
· Technical specifications would include program specifications, file descriptions, screen designs, record layouts, report layouts and workflows.
· Should follow best practice, efficient coding, adherence to BW standards and a global mindset are followed throughout the service management cycle. BW candidate Worked extensively on BEx Analyzer in building Queries using Filters, Variables, Structures, Restricted Key Figures, Calculated Key Figures, Conditions, Exceptions and created aggregates for frequently used queries. Contributes to the creation and maintenance of development standards, processes, guidelines and procedures.
· Responsible for developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting enterprise-wide application systems on our strategic ERP platforms independently. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Change Management standards and guidelinesManage individual tasks for projects, incident, request and change with EATON specified SLAs.
· Will do developments as needed to address custom and standard development requirements
· Will continually learn new advanced development technologies and programming techniques to provide value to our business by enhancing self-knowledge and capability.
· Will provide excellent quality code as well as documentation including unit test scripts and results.
· Will maintain a global mindset during the development/support process to ensure that the development changes on impact the desired regions or divisions.
· Participate in improvements to applications and processes in order to decrease issues and maintain quality. (Demonstrates Problem Management Expertise)
· Participate in continuous improvements on in-scope support initiatives.
· Stays current with Technology trends in Information Technology advancements
· Versed in presentation, training, documentation and support
· Proficient in estimating and scheduling tasks for self
· B.E / BTech / MCA / Equivalent (EITC) / Engineering / Equivalent
· Must have technical knowledge of SAP BW with 5-8 years’ experience across multiple SAP modules
· Must have knowledge of development and SAP development technologies in BW areas
· Should be versed with Data load technologies and strategy
· Exposure of integrations with other critical applications within the Eaton landscape
· Ability to take direction and work independently
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time