Eaton’s Marketing Commercial Operations Division is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Hanover, MD facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary function of a Project Manager is to create value and establish the project order management process as a key differentiator from our competitors. This position is heavily involved in the electrical and mechanical details of major strategic project orders and focuses on water/wastewater, commercial construction, hospital, data center, utility and industrial projects.
The primary functions include; managing the technical aspects of major electrical assembly project orders by meeting customer specifications and timelines for products, documentations, and quality.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
In this function you will:
- Utilize the Project Management team resources assigned to their project orders
- Assess and apply in depth knowledge of sales planning services to internal clients in one or more specialty areas, requiring technical application
- Upgrade existing processes, deploy new initiatives, and recommend new solutions based on analysis and customer trends
- Ensure compliance with applicable processes and procedures to achieve business goals
- Proactively use competitive information to leverage advantages of Eaton Corporation
- Negotiate internally for resources and priorities needed for customers
- Improve financial position for Eaton and the customer.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of electrical industry experience
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Electrical Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Strong application of Power Engineered products
- Five plus (5+) years of Project Management experience
- Ability to present information to others in a persuasive way, professionally and diplomatically assert the leadership role that the title project manager conveys
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of an assignment and customer satisfaction
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and strategies to reduce potential project risk throughout the duration of the project lifecycle
- Capable of planning and executing presentations on specific products and services to internal and external customers in order to gain recognition and customer acceptance
- Knowledge of major competitors in the market and their alignment with distributors and major customers
- Knowledge on plant front-end scheduling, engineering, and manufacturing process and equipment cycle times
- Poses advanced computer skills in Advanced word processing, Spreadsheet, Vista, and Bidmanager
- Consistent demonstration of planning, leading, and communication results from executive changes
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior proactive project order management and customer service.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time