The Senior SAP Project Manager will plan, control and execute project requirements following Eaton-prescribed process (ProLaunch and PMBOK) to ensure business objectives are met. The Senior PM will partner with Resource Managers to staff projects and clearly articulate project team roles – both functional and technical. Responsible for developing and managing detailed project plans (with clear critical path) and budgets. The Senior PM will manage the scope/requirements and ensure all agreed to deliverables are met while mitigating risks through robust plans. Responsible for organizational communication, training, adoption and change management. Vendor management is essential.
- You will provide project leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for project delivery
- You will work with customers and technical resources in developing project plans, work breakdown structures, critical path and detailed costs.
- You will perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation planning
- You will develop communication strategies and leading communications with senior executives, mid-level or first line leaders and key stakeholders globally
- You will drive process change and organization change management
- You will ensure sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders
- You will monitor and report on schedule and budget variances
You will ensure quality delivery of team member tasks in accordance to the plan
You will manage third party suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
Minimum of 10 years’ Project Management experience
Minimum of 5 years successfully leading major enterprise IT system implementations
No relocation offered; candidate must work at an Eaton US facility
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without sponsorship
- Master’s Degree
- PMP certificate
- 5 years successfully leading major enterprise IT implementations in SAP/Oracle ERP or manufacturing shop floor transformations, in large, multi-national organizations.
Advanced functional and application knowledge with SAP/Oracle ERP applications and/or shop floor applications (MES, OEE, Quality)
- Level of Risk & Ambiguity
- Scope can be moderate to significantly ambiguous (significant capability or breakthrough technology and/or business processes that the operating group or function have not done before).
- May manage multiple Major Repeaters
- May be an Alien/Stranger
May require significant investment capital/expense and non-labor expense.
Will have enterprise-wide or overall Sector impact
- Level of Analysis & Business Acumen
- Advanced understanding of the business and IT Strat Plan
Advanced to SME understanding of Manufacturing and/or Engineering some of the business processes at Eaton or a prior Company
Advanced to SME understanding of integration and impact points of involved systems globally for a division or function
Intermediate to Advanced technical knowledge and solid understanding of computer hardware and software, data management, application programming, data communications, operating systems, utilities and data security
- Level of Systems and IT Knowledge
Advanced to SME understanding of some of Eaton or prior company key application(s) and/or IT Infrastructure.
Advanced to SME understanding of integration and impact points of involved systems globally for a division or function.
Intermediate to Advanced technical knowledge and solid understanding of computer hardware and software, data management, application programming, data communications, operating systems, utilities and data security.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time