Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Product Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Horseheads, New York or Pittsburg, Pennsylvania location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The product manager is a member of the Product Line Management team and leads execution of the strategic marketing plan for Vacuum Interrupters. This includes executing a product strategy and roadmap that supports the overall strategy of the product line, CPD, and Eaton. This individual will drive the strategy and create value propositions via a thorough understanding of customer needs, market trends, and competitor activities. The Product Manager is also responsible for the pricing and marketing functions for Vacuum interrupters.
The Vacuum Interrupter product line is a core line within the division and a market share leader. This role offers an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about solving customer problems and growing sales and profitability through, superior customer experience and active promotion of the global leader in Vacuum Interrupter technology. The Product Manager role also offers candidates a unique opportunity to work cross functionally with all facets of Eaton’s business including Marketing Communications, Sales, Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing and Supply Chain
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Drive the execution of the strategic plan for assigned product(s)
- Plan a go-to-market strategy for products called out in strategic plan as growth platforms
- Define product development roadmaps and product features
- Engage with sales and customers to promote assigned products in the marketplace and stay on-top of customer needs and market trends
- Provide product training to sales, including technical applications as well as commercial, “how-to-sell” strategies
- Analyze key competitors to identify strengths, weakness and opportunities related to products, service level and strategies
- Provide marketing/sales input for new product development, upgrades or launches
- Develop specifications & business plans for new product development or brand-labeled product opportunities
- Act as a leader in new product development programs by driving all marketing requirements for the phase-gate PROlaunch process and provide support and expertise for other critical tasks led by engineering, supply chain, finance and manufacturing.
- Coordinate and develop support materials required to implement domestic and international product launches including catalogs, brochures, competitive comparisons, demos, videos promotions etc.
- Develop a lifecycle planning process to effectively introduce, transition and retire products
- Lead the development of marketing collateral working collaboratively with Global Marketing
- Measure and report product forecast, activities and progress
- Review sales and price performance by region
- Approve pricing policies for all products, based on an understanding of Eaton’s value pricing methods
- Stay current with emerging technology and competitive trends
- Communicate and present results to Divisional Leadership
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering or Business from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in management, strategic marketing, technical marketing, sales, engineering or operations.
- Financial basics: Forecasting, Standard Margin, fixed and variable costs
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Knowledge of Medium voltage applications, customers, and applications.
- Knowledge of utility markets.
- Prior experience in developing product roadmaps, positioning strategy, price management, value proposition development and launching new products a plus
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time