Eaton in Shawnee, OK is seeking a full-time Quality Auditor to work 3rd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Inspect materials, finished product, work in process, and field failures to determine adherence to established standards of quality.
- Perform process and machine capability studies.
- Operate precision inspection and measuring equipment to measure/check simple and complex features on a variety of materials. Equipment would include, but not be limited to:
- Uniform Measuring Machines and Coordinate Measuring Machines
- Mechanical/electrical devices
- Surface and hardness checkers
- Micrometers and various gauging such as transfer stands, height gauges, electric amplifiers, dial indicators, and other testing equipment
- Interface with suppliers to ensure product quality.
- Program and calibrate various inspection devices.
- Serve as a resource/trainer for cell technicians, departmental co-workers, and plant personnel with regard to quality assurance matters and other areas of expertise.
- Perform housekeeping duties on each shift along with provisional standards meeting 5-S requirements.
- Perform procedures necessary to ensure the personal safety of the incumbent and others including eye safety, hearing conservation, machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, and MSDS procedures.
- Maintain various records, files, and documents in support of the gauge/calibration program and other Quality areas as necessary.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with applicable departments and personnel.
- Generate and maintain an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing departmental and plant goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Possess computer data management skills (able to create spreadsheets and enter data accurately), ability to use Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, interpret, and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents such as operating instructions, engineering drawings, specifications, design standards, dimensional sheets, and/or blueprints.
- Familiarity with machine shop practices, metrology concepts, mathematics, statistical methodology (i.e. understanding of statistical process-control), and variation.
- Demonstrated very good written and verbal communications, problem solving, and customer relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively with minimal supervision in a high involvement, team oriented work atmosphere, coordinating work with area supervisor, engineer, quality control, peers, and customers.
- Prior history of satisfactory operation of mechanized material handling devices such as fork truck and scissor lift and/or willingness and ability to complete and pass training/licensing course within first week in this classification.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Inspector/Auditor, Machine Cell Technician, or Assembly Cell Technician where care and use of basic gauging (micrometer, calipers, dial indicators, and similar tools) was required.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Shawnee, OK will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to stand, sit and/or walk on a hard surface as well as bend, stoop, reach and use ladder up to 8 hours a day.
- Lift 10 pounds frequently and occasionally 25 pounds or more.
- Vision abilities required: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time