Eaton Corporation located in Waukesha, WI (Utility Vertical North Americas Headquarters) has an opening for a Channel Sales Director - Utility.
The position has responsibility for strategic direction, managing data analytics, coaching, directing and training sales professionals in their respective assignments to succeed at managing and developing the customer base, utilizing sales resources and driving products and the channels to market in order to achieve market share gains. They will be responsible for defining channel relationships, strategic planning, target projects, capital expenditures and identifying prime opportunities at key accounts in the target market segments.
This Distribution Sales Manager is responsible for developing and implementing plans and programs with Eaton's largest distribution partners, in concert with Product Line and Field Sales management objectives. This position is the primary contact with Regional Management and will coordinate all Eaton Electrical sales and marketing initiatives across their region. The Distribution Sales Manager is also responsible for driving and acting as a consultant to the District Manager in the development and implementation of the General Sales Force District Distribution Plans (within their assigned region of responsibility). The incumbent will provide strategic direction. and will be responsible for the selling of products and to their strategic accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of sales or marketing experience with distributors
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Electrical distribution industry expertise
- Prior people management
- Strong understanding of business fundamentals and financials.
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Product knowledge, market knowledge and established customer relationships within the market area
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time