Eaton’s Fluid Electrical Distribution Division of our Aerospace Group is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Glenolden, PA facility.
The Engineering Technician is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop and maintain robust, costs, efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices. Must be mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies. Perform root cause and failure and analysis as required.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and applies Lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- Implement methods and practices to reduce variation. Demonstrate ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies. Understand application of SPC and gage R&R.
- Participate in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products. Conduct Design for Manufacturing and Value Engineering initiatives as applicable. Develop work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates.
- Participate in new product development projects using ProLaunch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules. Act as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer.
- Develop and integrate new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business. Assist in the composition of Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies. Train associates as required.
- Assist leadership team and others in performing work load analysis and resources optimization. Extract and manipulates data from ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems as needed. Manage projects and delivers same on timely basis. Generate prototypes for various product development stages as well as other scopes, i.e. failure investigation, production improvement, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Technical/Vocational Certification in Electronics required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles from the Glenolden, PA facility to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience utilizing lean six sigma methodology in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience supporting engineering design prototyping, testing and failure analysis activities as well as production floor troubleshooting and improvements.
- Note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time