Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking an Extruder Bar CNC Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
This person would be responsible for set-up and operation of three to five CNC machines, specifically our Extruder Bar and Round Bar area. Check quality of finished parts. Fully understands technical drawings, revisions and note codes, uses QC info. Operate machines, and any other calibration equipment such as calipers, wrench, and air gun or any other equipment necessary to perform job functions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform set-ups and tool changes to execute a sequence of operations such as turn, drill, and bore a variety of metal components.
- Ability to operate and set-up all machines with different controls in 3-5 cells
- Follow procedure according to production routers
- Identify inserts, cutters and general tooling for specific operations
- Interpret technical drawings in accordance with standard shop practices.
- Make offset adjustments and performing minor program edits.
- Be responsible for finished parts conformity to print or specification.
- Possibly perform basic programming.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or completion of a machinist/CNC degree/certification
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Minimum of three (3) years’ manufacturing experience
Minimum of two years of CNC experience
Perform all 5S+ activities and keep immediate work area clean and free from hazards.
Work in accordance with general safety rules and practices.
Must be able to use the computer
Read and comprehend specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing routings
Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat
Must wear safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed shoes for entire shift
Ability to stand, sit, move 8-12 hours a day
Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No