Eaton’s Fluid Electrical Distribution Division within our Aerospace Group is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for 30-40 employees in two departments and the contribution and performance of the departments. The supervisor drives the processes in department through the Eaton Business systems. In this role you will assist Plant Manager/Production Managers in the development of processes to achieve a zero incident culture, maximize output, maintain machinery, and reduce overall costs and through these improvements exceeding the customers’ expectations and on time delivery.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Champion a Safety Culture through using MESH tools, safety best practices, and empowering all employees to take responsibility for their own safety as well as all of everyone around you.
- Lead areas of responsibility in the use of EBS practices, including MESH, ELSS, EQS, ProLaunch, and BOS/BSC, with focus on performance of the entire value stream. Keep focus on meeting customer needs, both internal and external (Customer Centric Focus / KBKC).
- Utilize the Tiered Meeting process to track and analyze key operational metrics and implement actions to improve operational performance. Direct day-to-day activities in production areas, including manpower movement, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation data, etc.
- Lead cross-functional Continuous Improvement Teams for areas of responsibility, championing teamwork through the Continuous Improvement Framework process and use of ELSS tools to continuously improve operational performance. Participate in other CI Teams as appropriate. Manager priority on shared functional resources to achieve business needs.
- Forecast labor hours, schedule overtime, and execute to labor plan. Prepare reports and present CI Team data and activities to Beltsville Plant Leadership Team.
- Establish and maintain a positive, engaged employee team sentiment through application of Eaton’s Leadership Attributes & Aspirational Goals. Empowering employees to make decisions, innovate, and work in a continuous learning environment. You will ensure work is exciting, meaningful and engaging for your team.
- Coordinate training and development for hourly team members, as well as providing coaching and oversight to dotted-line functional team members. Clearly define and communicate expectations, providing positive reinforcement when met and providing coaching and counseling as necessary when not met.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and/or Finance.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Operations/Manufacturing.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, MFG Pro.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operation and quality methods and how these operations relate to problems within areas of responsibility.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time