Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Lead Systems Engineer – Electrification to join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team. This position can be located at our Southfield, MI, Tualatin, OR or Menomonee Falls, WI facility.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
The Lead Systems Engineer –Electrification will identify critical to quality measures for the system, then orchestrate the design of subsystems and components by the way of requirements and requirement decomposition, such that the system achieves all critical to quality measures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Determine considerations for system interaction with the environment (i.e. other systems within the context of use or manufacturing), system manufacture feasibility and system disposal.
- Also manage the design of appropriate qualification tests that verify the system against the critical to quality measures.
- Develop system requirements for a primary mover automotive inverter meeting ISO 26262 safety standard.
- Develop test methods and processes for validating the system against requirements.
- Use tools such as HARA, DFMEA, P-Diagrams and others to generate quality requirements for function and safety.
- Collaborate with both hardware and software developers to achieve optimal requirements that balance cost, performance and time to market.
- Work with customers to get feedback, system requirements and gain insight to technical problems that the system might be able to solve and add value.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years System or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Experience working with power electronics gained from professional working experience and graduate research/intern programs.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering from an accredited university.
- 4 or more years professional systems engineering experience
- Software development experience.
- Able to dissect a system into logical components by function and or feature.
- (Required) Able to identify critical interdependencies between systems and or components.
- Experience with ISO 26262 and/or ASPICE standards.
- Experience with Agile Development Processes.
- Mechanical/Electrical simulation or design experience.
- Experience with IBM Jazz Tools.
- Experience with AUTOSAR framework.
- Experience with Vector Tools such as CANape and CANalyzer
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink tools.
- Knowledge of the “V” development process.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time