Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton is a world’s leader in providing products and solutions for big data environments. Our unmatched expertise plus an innovative product offering give a high performance solution for high-density applications. As the Data Centre Business Development Manager, you will be the primary commercial lead for a small number of named global end customers in the Data Centre subsegment classified as Hyperscale Cloud. This exciting new role will be critical in extending Eaton’s global offer to Hyperscale customers from the USA within EMEA region. Our clients include some of the world’s biggest technology providers who rely on their Data Centers and Eaton critical power management solutions.
Your time will be split between working from our state of art Dublin office, travelling to our clients and home office to allow a good work life balance.
Your key deliverables:
Building relationships that create new opportunities with potential international business partners within Hyperscale and large colocation
Partnering with Eaton’s key stakeholders in USA and APAC from Sales, Regional Business Units and EMEA Country sales organizations
Working within a team of global account managers targeting other market subsegments and making a broader team contribution through sharing experiences and supporting other initiatives either as a subject matter expert or initiative leader
Technical and commercial skills in the areas of Low and Medium Voltage switchgear, Power Management
Mission Critical Power and project delivery such as Modular building and/or fast infrastructure
Do you have?
- Strategic selling experience and a proven ability to drive new busines
- Previous experience with mission critical infrastructure is essential
- Experience within Irish and International Data Centre Market ecosystem
- Knowledge of Cloud Services and Electrical Power in relation to the Cloud is highly desirable
- Strong negotiation skills with at least an intermediate understanding of global contracts
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time