Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Senior Applications Engineer you will direct project activities through application of proficient technical knowledge and leadership competencies. The span of project responsibly includes initial gathering of the voice of the customer performance requirements, product definition, product design, product development, manufacturing support and product launch. You will be also responsible for direct interface with customers, suppliers and Eaton facilities globally.
Your key deliverables :
• Provides project leadership, mentoring, and training for new or junior-level employees on design and development processes, software, procedures, specifications, etc. Has significant group decision-making responsibility. Reviews and reports on engineering metrics and/or test results through engineering reports and written correspondence to ensure timely and effective communication with supervisors and peers.
• Keeps informed of state-of-the-art technology, designs and develops new products and processes and improves existing products and processes. Supports the implementation of design changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and problem-solving techniques. Directly interacts with the customer to communicate the project status and adjust based on customer feedback.
• Understands design, development, and failure analysis through the use of DFMEA, customer returns, or specific development projects. Applies fundamental engineering practices and decision making for problem solving. Available to travel to the customer within-the-hour should the need arise whether related to an Eaton product or to aid in the troubleshooting process for the related system.
• Conceives and writes patent disclosures to substantiate patent applications and accumulates the necessary documentation. Protects Eaton Intellectual Property (IP).
• Complies with requirements of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
• Bachelor´s Degree in Engineering
• 2-3+ years of engineering experience in machines or gear design
• Fluent in English (verbal and written)
• Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
• Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
• Ability to manage multiple programs, set priorities and achieve results
• Large-scale cross functional project team management experience
• 4-6+ years of application engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience in torque control products
• Experience working with international locations and customers
• Ferrous material knowledge, including selection, processing and part design
• Modelling and simulation experience
What Eaton offers:
• Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
• Focus on technology and innovation instead of struggling with bureau typical for corporate environment.
• Roomy offices, good canteen, space for your creativity, ping pong, and others.
• Annual bonus, multisport card, cycling and sport friendly environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time