Eaton’s Corporate division is seeking Quality Engineers in the new Aguascalientes, Mexico location.
The entry level quality engineers will support all quality aspects for Eaton’s new Aguascalientes manufacturing site. During the initial phase, these people would be supporting equipment install runoff and verifications, new documentation, quality system implementation, and other quality related start-up activities. As move into the production phase individuals would propose, coordinate and implement major engineering projects related to quality. Support daily and long-term goals for processing, quality, productivity and cost reduction. Support production work teams to accomplish quality-related department action plans.
- Provide quality support and guidance on all equipment installs, runoffs, PPAP’s, and start of production ramp-up. Including MSA’s, capability studies, process control plans, etc.
- Supporting the setup of site gaging and inspection labs.
- Developing site quality documentation and supporting certifications.
- Represent quality engineering on shop floor and in necessary meetings analyzing and interpreting processing problems throughout the manufacturing process and implementing necessary actions for resolution.
- Interact with Eaton divisional engineering as required to resolve characteristic manufacturing capabilities.
- Provide, assess and analyze process capability, MSA, process control plans and process audits.
- Provide technical quality support to both internal and external customers and suppliers as needed.
- Participate in production improvement meetings to provide a support function and an engineering perspective.
- Work with manufacturing engineering to develop new processes to improve the quality of our parts and develop production tools or tooling fixtures to improve capability and/or reduce cost.
- Support plant internal and fresh eyes audit programs.
- Review, analyze, and close assigned internal or external corrective actions using systematic problem-solving techniques.
- Manage supplier quality processes using standard supplier quality management tools.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Great communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of statistical process control methodology
- Ability to effectively use Power Point, Excel, Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Prior experience working with root-cause methodology and process improvement
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Prior experience with Quality Core Tools of APQP, MSA, PFMEA, PPAP and SPC
- Prior experience with statistical software (ex. Minitab)
- Computer Aided Drafting ability
- Green Belt or Black Belt in DMAIC Process
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, assembly processes, equipment technology, and equipment capability
- Manufacturing Process Knowledge of:
- Forging, Machining, Grinding, Heat Treat, Coatings, Assembly, Welding, Inspection equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time