Eaton’s Crouse Hinds Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Windsor, CT location.
This position supports the Supply Chain initiatives for specific New Product Development Programs and interfaces with Manufacturing, R&D, Marketing, Finance, Quality, Sourcing, and Distribution to ensure successful product launches. In addition, this role will lead strategic sourcing initiatives for the ALP team and be a key contributor to developing and executing a Supplier Quality program.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
• Drive development of Supply Chain of New Product Introductions within the assigned segment.
• Responsible for ensuring that all Supply Chain activities are completed including confirmation of initial and final production site, design for manufacturing, production process control, material availability, component and finished goods inventory strategies and handoff to production facility.
• Supports operational policies and implementation to achieve divisional objectives for procurement of raw materials and finished goods to support a flawless new product launch. These objectives include the balanced optimization of Revenue, Delivery, Cost and Working Capital (Inventory). Specific tools used to guide this process will include the Supply Chain Analysis (SCA) and the Eaton Strategic Sourcing Plan (ESSP), or equivalent.
• Supports global sourcing and negotiations efforts (vendor selection, qualification, pricing, terms, quality and delivery performance), and aligning to the approved supplier list and business strategy while meeting company requirements.
• Develop, maintain and nurture relationships with key suppliers including measuring supplier’s performance and driving improvement plans.
• Lead global make vs buy analysis for finished products or systems within the assigned product segment.
• Work with sales, marketing and operations to improve forecasting accuracy through a robust planning cycle.
• Develop sound supply chain contingencies to enable rapid reaction to forecast deficiencies while still balancing overall business objectives.
• Support cost out efforts and Total Waste Elimination (TWE) objectives for the business through supplier cost out negotiations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 3 years working in supply chain or materials management position.
· Direct experience with an ERP system
· No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of (Windsor, CT) to be considered.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in supply chain management, engineering or general business.
· An advanced degree from an accredited institution.
· APICs or CPIM certification.
· Proven track record of successful implementation of annual cost savings through negotiation, supplier VAVE, product redesign and effective supplier development/resourcing efforts.
· Experience in a large cross-functional matrix organization with a high number of new product launches each year.
· SAP experience is preferred.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time