Eaton is currently seeking a Manager, International Tax Strategy. This position is based at our Houston, Texas office.
The Manager, International Tax Strategy is a lead position that supports the International Tax Strategy group with critical international tax planning, income tax accounting and compliance projects that directly drive shareholder value. The successful candidate for this position will work closely with many different areas of tax law and also will be working closely with highly experienced individuals in other specialties of the tax department, as well as with leaders across many other functions within the company.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead, manage, and execute tax projects including planning, income tax accounting and compliance.
- Identify tax issues and opportunities, and provide recommendations from a holistic view including coordination with US / foreign tax advisors and auditors, coordination with business and other functions, consolidating multi-jurisdictional advice into a comprehensive solution, modeling and quantification, preparation and review of step plans, etc.
- Perform highly complex tax research on various tax issues
- Analyze, evaluate, and arrive at conclusions and alternatives for tax issues and opportunities in a team environment, examples including operational changes at a manufacturing location, centralization of an operational function, or changes in tax law for a foreign country.
- Communicate complex tax information primarily to non-tax colleagues at all levels within the organization.
- Lead, mentor and develop team members
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting of Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of public accounting and/or multinational corporate tax department specializing in international tax
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside with 50 miles of Houston, Texas to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- CPA and/or MTAX strongly preferred
- JD/LLM is a strong plus
- M&A, deal planning and integration review is a plus
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of Federal and International income tax law (e.g. Subchapter C, Subchapter K, international tax provision, tax treaties, transfer pricing, etc)
- Fundamental understanding and knowledge of income tax accounting
- High level of issue recognition skills is required, opportunity recognition skill sets also required
- Business operational knowledge and understanding is a must
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities and meet deadlines
- High degree of financial modeling
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent communication skills including strong written communication skills across various functions and management hierarchies
- Ability and desire to continuously learn and be challenged
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft applications, financial accounting systems, and tax compliance programs
- Ability to research and communicate tax technical issues
- Proven track record of deployment experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time