Eaton is currently seeking a Government Contract Audit Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, Ohio corporate offices.
The Government Contract Audit Supervisor will be responsible for leading government contract compliance internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls, business processes, and procedures at Eaton operations and intermediary and corporate home offices.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Supervise/conduct audits in accordance with audit programs to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of government contract compliance internal controls, business processes, and procedures at Eaton operations
- Perform risk assessments to identify need for new audit programs or to modify existing audit steps to make the most effective use of audit and operational resources.
- Present opening and closing meetings with audit locations
- Communicate credible audit findings convincingly both orally and in writing that are supported by well documented audit steps and work papers and provide workable recommendations for management to implement to resolve findings
- Follow-up on and review Management Action Plans implemented to remediate audit findings with limited direct supervision of the Audit Manager
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both corporate and operational staff to better understand the businesses, risks, and customer needs, and coordinate with the other Eaton functional teams (HR, Law, Ethics) in the investigation of reported or suspected activities
- Assist in the development of the audit plan, profit plan and department continuous process improvements
- Keep up to date with changes in FAR regulations, agency supplements, CAS, internal governance directives, industry best practice, internal auditing standards and DCAA audit guidance
- Critically review planning and fieldwork for the audit team, providing valuable on the job coaching/training and written performance evaluations
- Counsel as an expert (for moderate to low level complexity issues) for government accounting, compliance and internal controls matters
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive government contract audit or contract accounting/compliance experience within government contract regulated industry
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be US persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a US person as a US citizen, US Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting desired, CPA, CIA, CMA, CFE or other equivalent certification is a plus.
- 4-7 years’ experience of progressive government contract audit or contract accounting/compliance experience within government contract regulated industry (Aerospace or Defense industries preferred) and +/- two years’ experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Intermediate level of expertise with CAS, FAR, DFARS, CFR and familiarity with contract/grant terms and conditions and DCAA and DCMA internal guidance.
- Proven experience in documenting and testing controls, identifying risks and weaknesses and developing procedures to assess the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls to mitigate risks.
- Good knowledge of risks by contract type and mature understanding of the unique internal control environment government contractors are required to maintain.
- Significant exposure to forward pricing rates, incurred cost submissions, disclosure statements, billing systems and direct labor reporting systems.
- Familiarity with common Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Oracle, SAP and MFG/Pro and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Understands project management and can break down large tasks into smaller components Effectively leverages departmental and organizational resources.
- Knowledgeable regarding Internal Audit key concepts (risk-based audits, sampling, segregation of duties, compensating controls, etc.)
- Ability to identify weaknesses and develop and present recommendations for improvements to local management and suggest innovative process solutions.
- Ability to deliver expected results and meet deadlines with a proactive attitude, and the desire to have an impact, and add-value to the organization.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams on assigned audits/projects, including assignment of work, monitoring of progress, review of results, performance feedback, coaching, and providing on-the-job training and development to team.
- Ability to operate in a matrixed global organizational structure.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time