Eaton Corporation has an opening for a:
Location: Morges, CH
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As Junior Accountant you will support the accounting and compliance requirements of the Eaton legal entities headquartered in Switzerland. You will be responsible for journal entries and account reconciliations in compliance with Company financial policies, US GAAP, local statutory regulations, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley. Moreover, you will meet reporting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings while ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial results.
This position also supports the Actuals, Forecasting, Profit Plan, Strategic Plan process.
You will operate closely with various departments (tax, treasury, operations accounting, legal, SCM & others), the global financial accounting team, the Global Financial Services and Systems (GFFS), and the Operating divisions in the region. The function will act as a liaison between the accounting and reporting team located in Switzerland and the International Shared Service Centers in India and Hungary.
Your key deliverables:
· Prepare and record journal entries for headquarter operations and other Swiss corporate ledger
· Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations
· Review the accuracy of monthly/quarterly/annual activity and report thereon
· Prepare cost/revenue analysis and communicate to different departments/functions
· Prepare and submit statistical reports
· Support the AP, AR, Fixed asset, VAT reporting and intercompany recharge processes as necessary
· Participate to accounting projects
· Support the statutory accounts, income tax preparation and assist with auditor/inspector requests
· Maintain metrics/reports to demonstrate effective process controls
· Ensure ethical standards are maintained
· Various other administrative and support tasks as assigned
· 2-3 years of relevant work experience
· Experience in finance/ accounting within a multinational (manufacturing) environment
· Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley and US-GAAP desirable;
· Knowledge of MS Office required (Oracle, SAP and/or Hyperion (or similar software) experience desirable
· Good Excel skills and PowerPoint are a must
· Demonstrable continued personal development in both technical and behavioral areas
· Excellent working knowledge of English and Local country language
The ideal candidate for this position must be self-organized and independent in the execution of daily tasks, he/she must partner effectively with team members and customers in remote locations. Willingness to take the initiative in the resolution of the problems, be a team-player, and ability to provide high analytical and systems solutions are key requirements for this position
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: International relocation – worldwide
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time