Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Photometric Engineering Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Photometric Engineering Technician provides technical expertise in the area of photometric test data and its relationship to optical design and performance for Eaton’s Lighting division; develops photometric test plans to efficiently gather data for product launches, product updates and energy compliance regulations such as DLC, California Titles 20& 24 and Energy Star; reviews test data from internal and vendor labs and compares it against product performance requirements as specified by product management and product engineering; provides assistance to the Project and Optical Engineers during discussions with vendors.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Define photometric testing requirements of projects from energy compliance organization and product launch requirements
- Communicate testing requirements to internal VAVE, product development team as well as external product development partners
- Develop a complete set of photometric files for product launches
- Review all photometric information from internal labs and external vendors to ensure accuracy, energy compliance conformance and completeness of the information
- Coordinate test samples internal photometric lab personnel to ensure sufficient data is obtained in efficient manner
- Work with Optical Engineering personnel to identify optical changes/enhancements to assist product teams in meeting requirements.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associate’s degree in technical discipline from an accredited institution OR military experience in a technical role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience in photometric application or testing
- Lighting or other product application experience
- Basic understanding of electrical/optical and thermal principles
- Bilingual in English/Chinese is an asset, but not required
- Ability to use multiple software packages efficiently including Sharepoint, MS ACCESS database, and unique internal software.
- Ability to interpret and generate photometric test plans based on energy compliance requirements
- Working knowledge of lighting energy compliance requirements such as DLC and Energy Star
- Understanding of optical lab equipment such as integrating spheres and goniometers
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No