Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking a Shipping Clerk to join our ICI team! This position is based at our Houston, TX – North Sam Houston Parkway facility.
The Shipping Clerk will be responsible for ensuring all products are shipped out daily in an accurate and efficient manner to meet customer expectations and timely delivery.
The incumbent must possess the ability to effectively communicate verbally and via written communications both remotely and in person as well as a customer-oriented attitude, good organizational skills, and strong problem-solving skills.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Palletize, band, and stretch wrap outbound shipments
- Build crates for vulnerable product shipments
- Perform shipping functions in SAP Enterprise Software
- Create bill of ladings for outbound shipments and schedule LTL and direct air shipment pickups
- Create international shipment documentation
- Load freight product onto LTL trucks with sit-down forklift
- Operate standup reach truck for facility material movement
- Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts
- Operate overhead crane to load/unload larger, custom products
- Assist order pulling and job staging
- Assist inventory cycle counting
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we —as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School equivalent or GED from accredited institution
- Minimum of one year experience working in a distribution or warehouse environment
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Houston, TX will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Operating forklift (sit-down & reach truck) to perform daily tasks
- Previous experience coordinating and packaging in shipping
- Computer knowledge (including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- SAP Experience
- Responsibilities are to be performed in a productive manner while ensuring Eaton standards of construction are maintained
- Responsible for maintaining work area and general shop area in a clean and orderly condition
- Follow standard or prescribed safety and environmental regulations
- High attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal instructions
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No