Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking an Product Manager, UL Low Voltage Industrial Fuses to join our team. This position is based at our Ellisville, Mo. location.
The Product Manager is responsible for providing direction and leadership for the UL low voltage industrial fuses product portfolio and for profitable growth of the assigned product lines. Accountable for setting product line pricing strategy and price realization objectives. The Product Manager has ultimate responsibility for managing the assigned product lines through the entire product life cycle and developing new products based on market needs and opportunities. The Product Manager provides strategic direction for new product development and manages the product development resources to achieve cost targets and volume expectations on viable new projects. The Product Manager supports the efforts of operations teams to implement cost reduction projects that increase the profitability of the assigned product lines. .
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Set long term strategic plan for product line and establishes product line strategic direction utilizing, market research and competitive analysis information.
- Establish annual profit plan objectives for the product line. Responsible for meeting top line and bottom line objectives
- Possess a general understanding of current company manufacturing technologies and relies on manufacturing engineering to stay abreast of the latest technologies.
- Have a broad understanding of markets and customers and works with the sales team to maintain this intelligence.
- Responsible for sustaining core product lines to adapt to market change or to penetrate new markets and address competitive offerings. This includes recommending programs and promotional activities to strengthen market position for sustained product lines.
- Develop, implements and reviews tactical sales plans to meet annual sales volume, price, market share and operating profit objectives and monitors product line financial and market performance, implementing responsive tactical changes as required.
- Maintain primary plant contact with Field Sales organization in developing sales strategies, supporting customer cultivation plans and establishing effective communication channels between the plant and field sales organization. And, develop product line value proposition tools for field sales.
- Evaluation of product line cost reduction, modification, and process improvement recommendations from the manufacturing team for market acceptability. This includes regular documented meetings with the teams that give clear direction and priority based on a commercial perspective
- Participate as a key member of a product development team through the concept, development, implementation and market introduction for the product or product line.
- Responsibile for product literature content that includes features, benefits and performance data. This includes printed and electronic formats. Monitor these areas as part of product life cycle management.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum of five years of prior experience in product management or commercial experience in the electrical industry
Experience in engaging in highly technical sales, strong presentation and training capabilities, ability to work across divisions, and knowledge of distribution channels
Experience in developing business strategy, planning, and budgeting, analytical skills
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Ellisville, Mo. will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Background in the Electrical industry
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Understanding of UL and NEC codes
- Must be able to work independently and innovatively to meet the overall goals of the Product Line.
- Strong teamwork skills are necessary, with the ability to leverage resources effectively.
- Effective networking skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time