Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking a Human Resources Generalist in the new Aguascalientes, Mexico location.
Supporting the site HR Manager, the Human Resources Generalist will provide HR support to the manufacturing plant consisting of salaried and hourly employees across various organizational functions. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to daily responsibilities requiring expertise in the areas of Recruitment, Employee Relations, Performance and Talent Management, and Coaching. This role will have high visibility and interaction with the Division Leadership Team
- Support the setup of HR systems, process, and employees for the new Aguascalientes manufacturing site
- Provide assistance in the areas of employment job postings, recruiting, hiring, and processing (HRIS data entry and recruiting requisition processing).
- Provide counsel and support to resolve interpersonal conflicts and employee relations issues.
- Oversee benefits to maintain fair and consistent application across the plant. Works to resolve issues that may arise for own customer group.
- Coordinate various Plant Engagement, Recognition and Wellness Programs and Events.
- Lead training for the full integration of the Eaton leadership model and values within our new manufacturing site to drive world class performance.
- Assist in planning, developing and administering a site-wide robust training program.
- Build relationships with client groups that work to enhance overall communications at facility.
- Lead the annual community involvement plan. Engage, guide and direct employee involvement in community events.
- Partner with management to ensure positive employee relations.
- Coach managers on effective handling of retention, performance management, and engagement.
- Conduct general or specific training sessions where needed based upon detailed needs analysis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Presentation and facilitation knowledge with skills in teaching, training, and developing employees.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with lean, six sigma, and/or continuous improvement.
- SAP business system experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management / Industrial / Labor Relations or Psychology
- Master’s degree
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes.
Limited travel may be required (<10%)
Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many cross functional teams
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time