Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking an Assembly Technician to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Omaha, NE facility.
This position assembles and installs electrical metering, relaying and transformer components into medium voltage (5-38kv) switchgear assemblies as well as device wiring.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Position and install component parts according to material list and blueprints.
- Assembly includes a wiring task whereby it is necessary to stand, sit, bend and work from a ladder throughout the day.
- Wire lugs are crimped on the end of the wire and are done with manual and automatic crimpers and strippers.
- Execute Point-to-Point wiring diagrams in order to install electrical wiring. Routing of wire from one point to the other requires the ability to plan ahead and work from a schematic.
- Able to work off ladders and in tight spaces.
- Focus on quality, customer service, safety, productivity.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required, including weekends.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- 1-year related experience in electrical wiring in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret drawings or wire diagrams
- Experience in wiring electrical products
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Excellent history of work performance, team work and attendance
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No