Eaton’s Crouse Hinds Division is currently seeking a Lead Engineer- Lighting Systems to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
This position reports to the Manager, New Product Introductions Lighting Team and independently develops and directs a broad range of technology solutions for lighting used in harsh and hazardous environments.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assume responsibility of new product development and technology solutions development related to lighting products.
- Lead design projects by working with cross functional teams in analyzing customer needs and creating designs to address these needs.
- Initiate thorough evaluation of competitive products, features, technologies, patents, production costs, and field reliability.
- Serve on teams assembled to address design, quality, safety and manufacturing issues.
- Utilize a rigorous new product development (ProLaunch) tollgate process that ensures proper evaluation of the viability of a project before detailed design work begins and during the complete course of the project.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage multiple timelines.
- Create product specifications based on customer and Marketing requirements.
- Analyze product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing or new manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Develop and release product design documentation, including drawings, schematics, Bills of Material, etc. through the ECN process.
- Develop DFMEA, and test plan documentation required for thorough product development.
- Perform technical design reviews.
- Skills must include design, engineered material selection, design costing, design simulation and testing, technical project management, technical report writing, computer assisted drafting (CAD), and strong MS Office Suite knowledge.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in designing lighting systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Illumination or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year experience with UL and global certification requirements
- Experience in electrical product development environment
- Experience with design of mechanical parts that are manufactured with injection molding, die casting, metal stamping, and other machining processes, and/or electronic assembly process
- Familiarity and experience using DFSS engineering tools
- Experience in developing products with embedded software
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time