If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineering Manager based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· This exciting role is responsible to provide leadership to a development team that designs and develops an IoT platform that is used by internal engineering teams. Work with local product engineering teams to adopt existing connectivity platforms and help identify new platforms for consumption. Provides technical leadership and guidance in the cloud connectivity space using Microsoft Azure
· Build Organization Capabilities – Hire and create development plans for the platform engineering team
· Understand stakeholder requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate. Develop technology/platform roadmaps and build subject matter experts for global roles
· Provide strategic & tactical direction for software development using Microsoft Azure & C#.Net platforms.
· Look for opportunities to expand/grow business, build customer relations, influence, and negotiate to set realistic expectations with internal stakeholders.
· Champion Agile deployment ensuring project health on SCRUM parameters and contribute in sprint planning, sprint demos and various retrospectives.
· Lead multiple projects in collaboration with multi-functional teams with exposure to senior level management to drive new product development.
· Monitor and track progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on operations and support activities.
· Deploy six sigma initiatives within the group to improve quality and speed of execution.
· Champion peer-reviews for the group and leverage SMEs to conduct the design and code reviews.
· Provide leadership to the Test organization by contributing to test automation enhancements and ensuring platform quality and overall robustness.
A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience with several years in leadership and people management
Strong technical experience in Microsoft technologies (Azure, C#, .Net, Visual Studio)
Exposure to requirements-based testing - Unit, Integration, System, Performance
Sound understanding of Agile development, UML, SDL and CMM
Sound knowledge of best practices in software engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies with a passion for programming
Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, program management skills, knowledge of customer strategies, successful new product introduction experience, creative/innovative thinking
Act as a technical mentor and expert technical reviewer in domain
Review and approve design proposals based on requirements /statement of work and present to stakeholders/customers
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time