Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Material Controller, Receiving on the weekend shift C shift (Fri-Sun 5am-5pm) to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
The Material Controller receives shipments from external vendors and completes transactions in Eaton systems to maintain accurate inventory with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- You will utilize computer, coordinate cycle count function in the storeroom. Run printouts for cycle count origination. Support cycle counts for acceptable tolerances and accuracy. Resolve all errors by research and auditing of all transactions.
- You will receive, document, store, stage and issue all advanced purchases and job related material to satisfy production requirements.
- You will support production line requirements as necessary.
- You will compare shipping order to identify units and/or material for shipment. Select and prepare paperwork, commercial invoices, custom papers, shipping lists, instruction booklet, etc
- You will pack, create and band equipment, parts, materials, products and accessories to minimize damage during shipment. Apply carton labels, stickers, stencils as required by shipping orders, instructions, drawings, etc.
- You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
- You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing or operations experience in shipping, receiving, inventory management, warehouse, material handling or related field
- Current or prior forklift certification.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Computer literate.
- Working knowledge of Lean concepts.
- Knowledge of processes and procedures related to steel and bus fabrication, purchasing, receiving, shipping, and inventory control
- Broad range of knowledge in materials planning, scheduling, receiving, shipping, and tracking systems
- Computer skills include Excel, Word, DMM, AS400, Mapics,Vista, & Outlook.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 35 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No